Friday, November 11, 2011

First word, last word: 'Pick on Penn State

Toothpick is making his way up from Savannah today for the Auburn game tomorrow. Before he left he sent me a quickone.

From 'Pick:

'"I typically like to keep these ramblings on subjects related to the Dawgs and those bastards up North. But, with the recent news out of State College...


I think the best comment on this subject was this, ironically from someone in Boise..."For those wondering how this will affect Joe Pa's legacy...this IS his legacy."

For a man who has always preached integrity, morals and doing it the 'right' way....Mr. Paterno (and anyone searching to defend him) hear this - you failed the ultimate test!

And for those that criticize Coach Richt and have the win at all cost mentality, may I suggest you think twice on how fortunate Georgia is to have a man of strong character.

moving on........

Here's hoping Saturday's game in Athens equals the excitement of the real Blackout game in '07. Crank dat!"


'Pick

2 comments:

  1. And for those that criticize Coach Richt and have the win at all cost mentality, may I suggest you think twice on how fortunate Georgia is to have a man of strong character.

    I'm sure Penn State thought the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inclined to give Paterno some (note the SOME) leeway in the events that have occurred there. Let the courts sort it out. I've got other things to do.
    Georgia is going to be in the Outback Bowl against Michigan. I do have some Outback Bowl tickets for this year and I'm looking forward to it. Florida in December is pretty nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete