Up here you get a "Go Dawgs" from 3 types of people:
- Fellow exiled Dawg fans --84 of us here according to the Alumni relations dept.
- Fellow SEC fans (all except gators) From Bama to Tennesee to Arkansas it seems to be a natural by product of missing home. I'll get random Auburn fans shouting "Go dawgs" and expecting a "war eagle" in return. I've actually shouted "roll tide" to a passing Alabama fan. Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my shoes!
- Idaho Vandal Fans -pronouncing dawgs as "dogs" they usually follow it with a "Please beat Boise State!.....pretty please?"
- Just about everyone else. This includes but is not limited to: Gators in Exile, guys at the gas pump, grandmas in the grocery store, drunken kids on the boat ramps, homeless people begging for spare change, Police officers, my doctor, my dentist, the teachers at my kids school, the mailman, the snowplow guy, the UPS guy, the sprinkler guy, my brother in law, his friend, his Dad from Spain who calls a football game a "match", our vet, flight attendants, the guy who fixed my fence, drive thru workers, the milkman, the garbage man, the guy who owns my favorite bar......you get my point.
- The guy who owns this house
|either a displaced Gator glamming onto the Bronco's or a Bronco fan who fancies himself a Gator, either way, not gonna be having beers on the porch with this fellow|
He told me "You have to admit, Boise State is really good"
I said, "Son, good is a relative term. I played pee wee football in Thomson Georgia; we only lost one game one year and my mom told me we were the best. We were really good too....... relative to our competition; do you think we deserved a shot at the BCS title for that?"
Then maybe I took it a little too far, as I told him to get used to hearing " goooooooo dawgs, sic em, woof woof woof .." as he would be hearing it every time the dawgs kicked off after we scored all those touchdowns. I'm not particularly proud of myself for that one, but he came right back to tell me how great the Bronco's are and how they would surely take care of Georgia this September. In Jerry's defense, BSU is 71-6 in his lifetime so I really can't blame him for his confidence. He's a good sport and for a 6 year old he gives as good as he takes. He will remember today and by God he's going to let me know it come Sept 4th if the Dawgs don't take care of business.
A part of me wants this game over so I can just move on with the rest of the season already. There is nowhere to escape it. Up here this game is the season, there's little discussion of anything past it other than David vs David TCU inagural & final inter-conference rematch. A rematch of the first ever BCS bowl game with no BCS teams. A game I believe that Pat Forde literally wet his pants over. (if a