Monday, May 16, 2011

Who has two thumbs and is moving back to Athens?

No.
Good news! Daddy is moving home.  My time in exile is coming to an end. 

For those of you that have noted my frequent travels, good for you.  We have been working on an escape plan for a few months now.  The Missus has found gainful employ in Athens, and I'll soon join her.  After four months of living in two houses, I'll be ready.

As for A Bulldog in Exile, the blog, I am not sure yet.  I have found it an exhilarating ego stroke extremely therapeutic  to vent my thoughts online and to have a few of you read them.  I probably will come up with something else to do with my minuscule writing abilities and minisculer thoughts, but who knows, I could just end up sitting on Broad Street playing the guitar for booze money and half eaten sandwiches.

I can do that, you know, because I'll be in Athens.

Either way, I'll have a few more weeks stuck up here. I am not sure what, if any, blogging I'll do in the future.   Either way, thank you for all of your emotional and actual support.  This has been a fun ride, one that I happily have reason to step off.  The best view I'll have ever had of Illinois will be the one in my rear view mirror.

When I get back, I'm gonna nail my feet to the ground.

17 comments:

  1. Well I'll be. Another Dawg has come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About damn time! Congratulations to you and your wife, but most of all your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawgspeed. If I see you playing guitar on College Square, I won't give you any money, but I will put some change in one of those parking meters for the homeless that they have in Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...Delta WAS ready when you were! See you soon on a bourbon aisle in a more moderate climate. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back.Be careful of the culture shock.At least you'll be gettin' away from those Illini things.Whatever the hell they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great. One more effing townie cluttering up the sidewalks.

    I don't know about change or a half-eaten sandwich, but I'll pitch in a shot of bourbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh congrats! Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous.

    And please keep up the blog. I really enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. let me know when and ill buy you lunch

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine the misery of living amongst the mongrel hoard of Big Ten fans. I also can't imagine the jubilation of returning to sweet Beula-land.
    You will of course be deloused upon your return from Yankeeland. Now if we could just trade some of the Yankees down here in return for getting you back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Exile, can't wait to visit with you this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I'll miss the blog if you stop. Nevertheless congrats on your escape.

    And that was a great book by Grizzard btw.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I'm planning a return soon myself...gonna be a few months, but I now have hope! Go Dawgs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You could title your new blog "Return From Elbe".

    Are you going to pay a call on Kiel before leaving?

    Glad you are coming home, but if you play that guitar, stay off my corner. I hear that some alleyways are emerging open.

    Yo' chilluns' may now begin to speak in the Southern Vernacular. A friend of mine at UGA in the late 60s was pursuing his doctorate and his wife taught English locally. They joined with another couple to hire a daylong caretaker for their little preschool boy and girl respectively. My friend was the 3rd in family name succession ;therefore, you can imagine his son of the same name being referred to as the following number. The two couples were next door neighbors and while dining together were discussing the great care their children were getting during the day including their baths together. The neighboring couple's little girl spoke up, addressing her remark to my friend's little boy,"Mr. Clean don' lack doit, do he Fowth?"

    Beware the Southern Vernacular!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to have you back where you belong!

    ReplyDelete