Friday, March 4, 2011

I ♥ Aaron Murray

“My leg got amputated last weekend, so I’ve only got one leg,” Murray said sarcastically. “I’ve got to steal one to play the season with.”

(h/t The Senator)

He might not endear himself to the campus newspaper, but (and rightfully so) he got a nice dig in.

By the way, am I the only one it seems odd to that the student run newspaper often has the worse sourced articles about, you know, student athletes?  I'm just thinking that if I were a student sports journalist, the first thing I would do is get to know those I cover so when something like this comes down, you can at least get a no comment, instead of sitting in an office on Jackson Baxter Street essentially reporting rumor, gossip and random observations from a drunken Saturday night at The Globe.

2 comments:

  1. You are talking about college KIDS. Yes, even the fifth year seniors are still children. I know when I was that age I wanted to run before I could walk. I guess things don't change. Let's cut them some slack. They will learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that is a fair assessment, but I can remember having specific discussions with at least two former members of the editorial staff from my days and they were maniacal about sourcing. They might have sensationalized stuff or gotten it wrong, but they never reported rumor.

    Hey, I'm a blogger and make no bones about my propensity of making it up. Just seems that if you are going to miss, at least you should try to miss with sources.

    ReplyDelete