Monday, February 14, 2011

SEC Hoops Power Poll - Week of Feb 13

You can see from my ballot, I still don't have the faith in Alabama that my fellow voters do. 

1. Florida Gators 130 (10 first-place votes)
2. Vanderbilt Commodores 115
3. Kentucky Wildcats 106 (1 first-place vote)
4. Alabama Crimson Tide 105
5. Tennessee Volunteers 88
6. Georgia Bulldogs 83
7. Mississippi Rebels 59
8. Arkansas Razorbacks 55
9. South Carolina Gamecocks 43
10. Mississippi St. Bulldogs 39
12 (t). Auburn Tigers 16
12 (t). LSU Tigers 16

The only real surprise is the voter that is still putting Kentucky as their first vote.  While I believe they are the most talented bunch in the SEC, they are not playing like it at all.

1 comment:

  1. I know they have a couple of quality wins over Big East teams, but Tennessee also has some bad losses. They shouldn't be this high. But Bruce "I'm so sorry I lied" Pearl (how is he still a coach?) has given Tennessee some name-brand recognition. Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee all have it. Georgia is not only battling other teams this year, but its own past ghosts. So it will not get the benefit of the doubt at selection time. If Kentucky had Georgia's season to this point, they'd be ranked higher than they are now.

    ReplyDelete