Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yeah, but it is a cold heat

The Senator pointed out the tough workouts at Iowa earlier this week.  Turns out 13 players got hypergonnortitis or some such from the strenuous offseason workouts.  Suffice it to say, I have never had rhabdomyolysis.

I point this out, not to make fun or point out real or perceived deficiencies in our or other programs, but to make sure we all understand that there is real danger assuming more is always better.  I had a post half way written about Iowa's S&C program after I stumbled on the web page...yes, web page (it is a flash page, so just look here for it) for their S&C program.

Let me be clear: I am not condoning the situation, nor hoping anyone has to go to the hospital.  Let me be clear: Iowa is serious about S&C.

I hope the new program at Georgia has that kind of focus on S&C, but with less injurious outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment