Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Come on, Matt

Hey, I like Matt Hinton.  He is funny, insightful and he lets Doug Gillett play in his sandbox.  What is not to like?

Well, I have to say I disagree with him about this article.  Taking Cecil Newton to task for showing up incognito at his son's last game in college championship game is just a bit over the top for my tastes.  Yes, Cecil agreed with Auburn to stay away.  However, by all acounts, he showed up on his own dime.  He didn't cause a circus before or during the game.  He didn't give ESPN endless opportunities to discuss the issues from his visit to Starkeville.  To quote Brent Mustberger, "that didn't work out."

So what if he paid his own way in.  I'm pretty sure he could afford the ticket price.

2 comments:

  1. You have a great blog, enjoy reading. Differ with you a little bit on this issue.

    To me the issue was the agreement that Cecil would stay away from the Auburn program. If I recall, Cecil's absense from the AU program was the "bargaining" chip for his eligibility at AU in the first place

    However, and if that was my son, and knowing it was my son's last game, would I have attended? Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia fans check out iticketbid tonight for the auction of tons of great apparel and a brand new Tv! Watch the hoop dawgs in style! Go Dawgs!

    Use the promotion code MNABORS for 5 free bids on www.iticketbid.com

    If you want to keep in touch with Dawg deals follow me at iticketbidUGA on twitter and Iticketbid Georgia Bulldogs on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete