Couple of thoughts on Tech's season so far:
- At 4-3 the Jackets are nothing but disappointment. Their four wins have come at home against Charleston Southern, Albany, Niagara and UTEP. UTEP has the highest RPI of that bunch at 191.
- The three losses were at Kennesaw State, at Northwestern and in Atlantic City against Syracuse. The only thing approaching a 'good' loss is the Syracuse game, as Tech kept it close (five point loss) to a Syracuse team that is ranked tenth.
- Tech is being lead by Brian Oliver, a forward who is averaging a shade over 14 ppg (he had 34 against Syracuse) and 6.4 rebounds a game. Oliver is also Tech's primary 3pt threat, as well.
- Tech has struggled with their lineup of Oliver, Miller, Shumpert, Rice and Udofia. They are only shooting 40% from the floor and often struggle to set up their offense.
- Daniel Miller, you might remember, was released from his letter of intent with Georgia when Dennis Felton was let go.
- Tech has gotten into foul trouble, in both ways. They have had issues with guys picking up early fouls and with getting opposing teams to the foul line. In each of their three losses, the gave opposing teams 25+ free throws.
This is a big game for Georgia. Beating Tech is always good. Doing so on the road would be huge. This is a bigger game for Tech, more specifically Paul Hewitt. He loses here and he'll start hearing the buzz about who will replace him. That scares me a bit about this game. The Dawgs match up well physically with Tech and actually over matches them on offense. Can the Dawgs bring their A game on the road and match intensity with Tech?
Do that and the Dawgs win. Convincingly.