Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hoops Saturday for the Bye Week

With Georgia football taking a breather, I am headed to St. Louis to see the Dawgs take on Rick Majerus' St. Louis University Billikens tonight at 7 Central (8pm Eastern).  There is no TV for the game, but I'll tweet updates as we go, so if you want to follow me, I won't be insulted.

Quick facts on St. Louis:
  • Member of the Atlantic 10.  For the uninitiated in basketball, Temple, UMass, GWU, St. Joe's, Charlotte, Richmond and February opponent Xavier are all in the A-10. 
  • Coached by former Marquette and Utah coach Rick Majerus.  Majerus has been at SLU, as it is know colloquially in these parts, for three seasons.
  • SLU was 23-13 last season and lost in the finals of the CBI last season.
  • Currently 1-1, having lost to Austin Peay and beaten Rockhurst. 
  • Lead by by G Kyle Cassity, who has 16.5ppg and a shade under 3 assist per game.
  • Home arena is Chaifetz Arena, a 10K seat on campus venue.  It is pronounced like it is spelled.
Tonight will be a solid road test for the Dawgs.  Georgia hasn't won a road game since March 2009 (against Kentucky), so the Billikens, who have struggled this season, will be a nice game for Fox to convince his charges that an opponent's court isn't that different from Stegman.

I'll be the loud one wearing red.

    2 comments:

    1. I used to love your site but these ads are getting ridiculous. You won't ever be getting another visit from me and you can thank your greediness for that. Way to put off your readers in the long run by getting some extra cash in the short run. I thought you said you were a lawyer. I smell bullshit.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love your site. Great win for the Dawgs!

      ReplyDelete