Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mumme Poll Released (NOT SO MUCH)

NOTE: AS THE SENATOR NOTED IN THE COMMENTS, THE POLL ISN'T FINALIZED YET.  I JUMPED THE GUN.  I'LL HAVE THE REAL POLL TOMORROW.


The first Mumme Poll of the year is released.  Just so you understand what you are reading, voters are asked to pick a top team, then nine others.

Here is this week's poll:


Rank Team Votes (Top pick)
1 Oregon 120 (78)
2 Ohio State 116 (21)
3 Auburn 116 (4)
4 Boise State 108 (4)
5 Oklahoma 107 (1)
6 Nebraska 106 (2)
7 TCU 102 (0)
8 Alabama 99 (4)
9 LSU 89 (6)
10 South Carolina 81 (0)
11 Michigan State 71 (0)
12 Utah 32 (0)
13 Stanford 21 (0)
14 Arkansas 13 (0)
15 Missouri 7 (0)
16 Nevada 6 (1)
17 Oklahoma State 5 (0)
18 Iowa 4 (0)
19 Florida State 3 (0)
20 Florida 2 (0)
21 California 1 (0)
21 Wisconsin 1 (0)
  • Apparently, not that many other voters were convinced my vote for Arkansas was a solid one.
  • Only Oregon got a vote in ever single ballot (as best I can tell, 120 ballots were cast).
  • There is a clear top 11, but no real dividing line, except maybe the ten votes between Alabama and LSU above that.
  • You can double guess my ballot (and some of you have), but I nearly flagged the two Florida ballots.  I didn't because the rest of their picks looked solid, and one of them explained their methodology.

5 comments:

  1. BiE, you've jumped the gun a little early. This week's voting was extended until tonight at nine, due to a computer glitch.

    Sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get to see the other voters' ballots? I can't get that to work.fock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to the poll, then click on the teams. You can see the voters that voted for that team. Then you can click on that voters name to see the ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I go to the site it won't let me click on the teams. Maybe I am missing something. I didn't realize when you turn 40 you start to lose your computer acumen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to scroll down after you click on the team. The script doesn't actually show a cursor pointer or jump the page, like other sites might.

    ReplyDelete