Points to ponder after one full week of college football
* Timmy's not the talk anymore; or is he? - Even though Florida pretty much sucked in their opener, the Gators are still ahead of Georgia in the East right now. Dang the alphabet! By the way, did anyone keep up with the number of Tebow-gasms by the announcers?
* "Newbie," take notice - While Aaron Murray looked solid in his debut as Georgia's quarterback (17-of-26, 160 yds, 3 TDs) in a 55-7 win over Lousiana-Lafayette, another rookie stole the spotlight in being named the SEC Freshman of the Week. Mississippi State's Tyler Russell also had a breakout performance (13-of-16, 256 yards, 4 TDs) in the Bizarro Bulldogs' 49-7 win over Memphis.
* No Matthew Lesko cracks, please - Joker Phillips is undefeated (1-0) as Kentucky's head coach.
* Of Houndsteeth and Orange cheques -After one week, Georgia is third in attendance behind Alabama and Tennessee. Since those teams both have 7 home dates each and the Dawgs technically only have 6 home games, don't look for UGA to scale that mountain.
* Get your goose eggs in Starkville - UGA has now gone 182 games without being shutout, the third longest streak behind all the A$$holes that wear orange.
* Run out the clock! - Georgia's 10-play, 53-yard scoring drive Saturday against the Ragin' Cajuns ate up 5:53 of clock time. Thus, it was tops in terms of time of possession for any single drive among SEC schools for the day.
* Really? I thought they were all dead! -Through Saturday, UGA still boasts five of the SEC's all-time winningest QBs (2nd-Buck Belue, 3rd-John Lastinger, 8th-John Rauch, 9th-David Greene, 10th-Matthew Stafford)
*Dawgs lead the field - Through the first week, UGA leads the SEC in Scoring Offense (55.0 points per game), Total Defense (128.0 yards per game), Kickoff Returns (27.5 avg.), Turnover Margin (+2, tied with KY), Time of Possession (33:27), and Opponents' 4th Down Conversions (0-for-1)...Blair Walsh leads the SEC in scoring with 13 points,
* On the mic -The Dawgs and Cocks can be seen Saturday on ESPN2 as well as ESPN3.com (The Tres)...Also, if you're a communist who listens to cable radio, it's XM 143 an Sirius 122....BTW, this game will feature the broadcasting talents of former USC play-by-play man Charlie McAlexander, now the assistant dean at UGA's Grady College. Charlie "Mac" does a pre-game bit with James Bond....er, I mean, Jeff Dantzler.