Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am not a marketer, but...

Somethings seem pretty savvy to me.

As a father of daughters, I am torn.  I mean, the Miss (fill in the blank) beauty contest pageant scholarship programs lost all relevance to most people when they made the host stop smoking and drinking during the broadcast, so doing something to garner attention beyond simply having them sport swimsuits on live TV seems like a good idea. I guess we are talking about full grown women here, so while there is an objectification issue...oh, hell.  I can't even get that out without laughing about it.

So, doing photo shoots with the contestants in 'waking up' clothes?  Good idea?  Yeah, I think so.

The daddy in me is dreading high school, though.

3 comments:

  1. lol

    Bourbon or Scotch always elevated the production value of television.

    A drunk Richard Dawson doing a pageant would be priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you. Hell, a drunk Richard Dawson would make early Sunday morning public television craft shows hilarious.

    ReplyDelete