I do have a couple of thoughts about the tournament:
- Not once in the aftermath coverage last night of Illinois missing the tournament did anyone mention the loss to Georgia as a 'bad' loss. One person actually mentioned it as a 'good' loss. I wouldn't go that far, but it has been some time since anyone has uttered good loss about the Dawgs.
- Illinois should have made the tournament, for what it is worth.
- So should have Mississippi State. I guess the committee couldn't get over the season opening loss to Rider. That is the only difference between Minnesota and the Bizaro Dawgs. Except Mississippi State lost the conference championship game to a one seed.
- Yep, shouldn't have lost to Rider. That and Tubby said to put Minnesota in.
- At least Minnesota and Illinois didn't have losing records in their conference. I'm talking about you Georgia Tech.
- But the biggest snub goes to Virginia Tech. 23-8 (10-6). Plus a road win over the team that *had* to be the last team in. You guessed it, Georgia Tech.
- Speaking of Tech, I am not sure how or why they are in. Yeah, I get the RPI, but nothing about their season stands out to me to make their RPI that great. I mean their SOS is 13th? For playing 16-14 Southern Cal? Just baffling to me. I also understand the difficult nature of making distinctions about uncomparable factors, but DAYUM.
- Speaking of the hair of their chinny chinchin. Florida, you are the recipient of the Eddie Monster Past Champion's pass. I thought you'd make it with one win, but I didn't think Mississippi State would play past their first game.
- Don't even get me started on UNLV.
- BTW, the SEC East has more teams in the NCAA than the Pac10. The same as the Mountain West. The Mountain West has four teams in the NCAA? Wow! No teams from the SEC West made it.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.