Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jackson to play against Tennessee tonight

Hale has the story.  I guess it wasn't as bad as I feared.

On top of getting Jackson back and Hale talking about the Dawgs need for a road win, if they are to have any chance of playing past the SEC Tourney, he has an interesting blurb about the travel schedule and 'policies' in place that Coach Fox can change this year involving away games.  If you have some insight into what that would be, please share it in the comments, as I am completely out of thoughts about what that could mean.  Beyond compressing the travel schedule (which I can see why you would with class issue) and how the team interacts with the media on travel dates, what else is there?

The good news, for the Dawgs, is that Wayne Chisolm, who the Vols climbed up on and has been carried by since the January 1 arrests that rocked the program.  He has played since getting hurt, but hasn't practiced.  It'll be interesting to see if Pearl holds him out to rest him for the stretch run.  

The Dawgs take on Tennessee, who has lost two in a row (to UK and Vandy on the road), at 8pm Eastern.  Georgia hasn't won a road game against a ranked opponent since 2004.  Tonight would be a nice time to shed that monkey.  For you non-Georgia Dawgs, the game will be on ESPN360.com.

Go Dawgs!

5 comments:

  1. I think he wants to travel the morning of game day. I believe we are currently traveling the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather give more PT to Price. Jackson doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball in his hands and his reaction time is extremely slow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought about the timing of the travel being an issue. I just assumed they left the day of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to join us on twitter during the BB games

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, you sound like PWD. I'll try to remember to do so on Saturday, if I am around to watch the game. I might make a trek out somewhere during the day.

    ReplyDelete