Friday, February 19, 2010

If you ever have any doubt about Bobby Johnson as a man

We make plenty of fun of Coach Johnson, how Vandy conducts its business as an athletic program, and the on field successes or lack thereof of the football program. I'll never question Bobby Johnson's humanity and his belief in doing what he thinks is best by the young men who play football for him.


I will say that watching him nearly break up, understandability so, over the senseless death of a guy he has merely recruited serves as a stunning contrast to the falseness and hubristic actions we see from other coaches in college football. He gets it.

If my children ever decide to play collegiate athletics, I hope Bobby Johnson or another person like him is their coach. I'll practically insist on it.

(h/t The Senator)

No comments:

Post a Comment