Sunday, January 10, 2010

Final Mumme Poll Ballot

My final Mumme Poll Ballot.  For this poll only, we were asked to rank our top team, then the next four, then the next seven (all in alphabetical order):
  • Alabama
  •  
  • Boise State
  • Cincinnati
  • Florida
  • Texas

  • BYU
  • Iowa
  • Ohio State
  • Oregon
  • Penn State
  • TCU
  • Virginia Tech
My thoughts:
  • I have to say, I never gave Iowa any credit during the season, but they way they handled Tech's offense, especially in the first half of the Orange Bowl, impressed me.
  • Speaking of Tech, they were my last team out.  I know they beat Virginia Tech.  That was 90 days ago.  VaTech ended the season on a five game win streak, including manhandling Tennessee in the Peach Bowl, a team that manhandled one of the two teams Tech lost to to end the season.
  • I had no intention of putting Nebraska in the poll.
  • Big 10, not great.  Big 10, not bad.
Special thanks to the Senator and the gentlemen at the 3rd Satruday in Blogtober for running the Mumme Poll.  This is my second year doing the poll and it is a blast doing it.

I'll post the final poll when it comes out today or tomorrow.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment