Monday, December 28, 2009

Meyer to coach in 2010

Gainesville - Florida football coach Urban Meyer announced today that he will be back as coach of the Florida Gators for the 2010 season. He also announced that he has demoted all of his coordinators and they will serve as 'advisers' during the season, but will have no coaching responsibilities other than coddling players.

"I have devoted my life to building young men, and I am the only one that can do it right," said Meyer.

Meyer, who recently announced he would step down as coach of the Florida Gators after the Sugar Bowl against Cincinnati next month, had a change of heart. After the announcement he would step down, he recanted and decided that he would take an indefinite leave of absence less than 24 hours later.

Now less than 24 hours after that, he has decided to go back to coaching full time.

"After much thoughtful reflection and rest, I am fully recharged and ready to lead the Florida Gators in 2010 and beyond," said Meyer, "I got a full three hours of sleep over the weekend, and I feel as good as I have in 41 years."

"No one loves these players like I do" according to Meyer, who is 95-18 as a head coach, "and no one can coach them like I do. I think that will help me, to take total control of the situation."

Meyer also announced he will coach the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL in 2010, provided they "go out and get the player he needs to run the Tebowne offense."*

Jack Del Rio, current coach of the Jaguars, was unavailable for comment.

*not really...yet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to keep my comments simple - Meyer is a hypocrite, snake, "look at me" drama queen - who who will do anything to win.

    ReplyDelete