Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ah, the weekend - thoughts on the Heisman

Actually, I only have one.



Give it to Toby Gerhardt.

I love Ndamukong Suh and the way he dominates games. I wished Colt McCoy luck in person. Mark Ingram had the best season a running back at Alabama has had since Shaun Alexander in 1999 or Bobby Humphrey in 1986. Tim Tebow is there because...why is he there? Again?

Gerhart had 1736 yards rushing, nearly 200 more than Ingram. He has 26 rushing TDs. Ingram came up big in the SEC Championship and that will mean a lot to some voters. I can see making the case for Ingram, but Gerhart has meant more to Stanford and their 8-4 season that Tebow did to Florida's 8-4 season in 2007 (so much for the 'yeah, but Stanford didn't win enough' argument).

Hey, we can disagree and that is fine, but Gerhardt would be my vote.

My Heisman Ballot (hypothetically, of course):
  1. Toby Gerhart
  2. Mark Ingram
  3. Ndamukong Suh
  4. Colt McCoy
  5. CJ Spiller

2 comments:

  1. I think the Heisman will come down to McCoy and Ingram. I think McCoy probably has the edge based on all the awards he took home on Thursday, although Ingram performed more effectively down the stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Dawg In ExileDecember 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM

    It's a travesty that this award does not go to the best football player in college football. Suh is clearly the best player this year and may be the best to ever play his position.

    ReplyDelete