A couple of quick thoughts on the weekend:
- Atlantic City was fun. Won a little money. Saw a few friends from Georgia. The wedding was nice, as were the people. The people looked like central casting had sent over the people labeled "Typical South Jersey." Leather dress? Check. Slick back mullet? Check. Dudes with names like Jimmy, Matty, Mick, Guissepe, Rich and Johnny Bones? Check. Big hair? Check. On the women, too? Check. Shades on during Mass? Check.
- The hard part of the weekend was there were a couple of pesky Tech people at the wedding. Nice people, but insufferable when talking about football. Every sentence involving football ended "yeah, but we're gonna crush Georgia again."
- Who cares if it was Tennessee Tech? It must have been nice to watch a game and not want to pull what little hair I have left out. Wait, I forgot about the penalties.
- 17 Red did not hit, Bernie.
- Not sure what is going on in LA, but Southern Cal sure looks vincible. Or something.
- Ohio State, best team in their conference. Yeah, but it is the Big 11.
- 23-21. Hahahahahahahahaha! That does feel pretty good to type, I am ashamed to say.
- Too bad Watson Brown will never coach Tennessee or Auburn.
- Anybody else thinks this year feels like1990, where no one team ever decided to be the best and there were only three or four you thought were merely "good"?
- Speaking of...Pitt and Cincy. Do what?
- Also, I am all for TCU playing in the BCS Championship game if they win out. I believe their schedule is certainly as tough as Texas' and Florida's.