Friday, October 9, 2009

With Great Mustache Comes Great Responsibility

Now, is all of that behind us?

Seriously, this weekend has all the makings of the start of a run...or a spiral.  I am giving up trying to figure out what is going on with this team.  After Saturday, Georgia will be halfway done with its regular season and will either be .500 and staring at Atlanta as a best case destination for a bowl game or 4-2, on the way to Vandy, with that being the only real chance the Dawgs play in Nashville this season.

Much of this team's strength is built on the never give up attitude of both the offense and defense.  These Dawgs have many of the atributes we all wish the 2008 team would have had.  In that vein, I don't think we'll see a repeat of 2007, with the massive meltdown.  Regretfully, I don't think this team has the offensive tools to pull a 2008, where it was 20-7 before I could finish my bourbon.

Yes, Tennessee has led the conference in the important national media mentions vs. success ratio (maybe even edging out Notre Dame for the national lead in that stat this year), but they are still 2-3, with their signature win coming against the might Bobcats of Ohio.  The Vols have had this game circled for some time as a watershed game, as marker for their first year coach's progress.  It'll make me and Dawg Stephen (and countless others) very happy to provide a resounding black crayon mark in the 'Where are we in The Kiffer's progress?' coloring book.


Nice stache.

I'd like to say it comes down to heart and leadership.  I believe that it does.  In that regard, I like Georgia.



If Phil Fulmer grew a mustache, but much funnier.

One thing I did notice were the similarities between Georgia and Tennessee.  That goes all the way down to the bloggerati.  Yeah, there is plenty to complain about with Crompton, but they are having trouble dealing with the special teams coaching, done by an otherwise well regarded position coach.  Specifically, they are having trouble on kickoff coverage.

God, this should be fun.  I have decided to take the approach I did in law school and go with it.  Just accept this version of the Georgia Bulldogs for what they are and enjoy this season.  Maybe the players and coaches need to do the same thing.  Play to play; instead of playing to not lose. 

Go Dawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment