Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mumme Poll - Week 8

Here is my poll:

Top five (in alphabetical order):
Alabama
Florida
Iowa
USC
Texas
TCU

Next seven (in alphabetical order):
Boise State
Cincy
Georgia Tech
Iowa
LSU
Oklahoma State
Oregon
  • Iowa, you might be back in the top five, but you have to do more than get by against the likes of Michigan State and Arkansas State to keep me impressed. 
  • Georgia Tech, welcome to the poll.  
  • Also considered: Penn State, Pitt, and Houston, although I really didn't want to put more than five in the second group.  I guess just win baby is the mantra. 
  • With Texas vs. Okie State and  USC vs. Oregon this Saturday, it will force me to make me some decisions I don't particularly want to make about teams in my poll.

3 comments:

  1. I went (alphabetical)

    Bama
    Florida
    SC
    TCU
    Texas


    Then
    Boise
    Cincy
    Georgia Tech
    Iowa
    LSU
    Oregon
    Virginia Tech


    "Pac 10 honk" alert - Gotta be honest - surprised at some of the teams receiving votes, and that one of them is not Arizona. Kansas? Michigan State? They are certainly better than many of those teams, including C. Michigan who they shut down. They're a terrible blown call by the Pac 10 replay refs from being 7-1, with their only loss a close one at Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about Arizona, but honestly I cannot put any two loss team in...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't rank them either yet, let's see how they do v. Cal, Oregon, and SC.

    But some of the teams people vote for - insane.

    ReplyDelete