Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mumme Poll - Week 7

Editorial note: As Hamdawg pointed out in the comments below, I left off a team, due to my trying to multi-task (chasing kids and balloterring don't mix). My apologies. What you see below will be reflected in the actual poll.

My Mumme Poll ballot for week 7:

Top 5 (in alphabetical order):
Alabama
Florida
Cincinnati
Iowa
USC
Texas

Next 7 (in alphabetical order):
Boise State
Cincinnati
LSU
Miami
Oklahoma State
Oregon
TCU

My thoughts:
  • I sure don't like putting Cincy in the top 5. I liked it more than putting Boise State and TCU in there. USC showed they deserved to be in there, what with having to beat ND and the officials. That game could have been a 13+ point win. (Ed note: I guess you know why I had such an aversion to that.)
  • I had a hard time getting the last teams into the poll. Oklahoma State, Oregon, Georgia Tech, BYU and Miami all vied. I really labored with figuring out if my personal aversion to Georgia Tech kept them out. In the end, I felt Miami had to be there before them and Oklahoma State and Oregon played better schedules. Sorry BYU, you don't lose to FSU and make my ballot, at least this week.
  • Teams I never considered: Utah, Houston, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Kansas or West Virginia.
  • Games I watched all or parts of: Ga/Vandy, Ill/Indiana, Ohio State/Purdue, Florida/Arkansas, Alabama/South Carolina, Colorado/Kansas, Arizona State/Washington, Texas/Oklahoma, USC/Nortre Dame, Iowa/Wisconsin. Good day.

2 comments:

  1. So Florida isn't in your top 12? Intersting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good lord. Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I have an email into the poll administrators right now. I'll certainly update it.

    BIE

    ReplyDelete