Friday, October 2, 2009

Ah, the Weekend

A few things that caught my eye this week:
  • The Mumme Poll is back. Senator Bultarsky's brainchild is open for business. I'll publish my ballot and a link to the weekly results each week on Wednesday.
  • As much as I despise James Carville, I laughed out loud when I read this.
  • After last week's game in Athens, I have to say, the Arizona State fans I met were as friendly, knowledgable and ready to party as any I have ever met. Glad they had a good time. I know I did.
  • I have to admit, I was confused about the whole LSU fans=corndog smell thing. Frankly, I might see that as a bit too much of a compliment. Thankfully, Dawgnoxious at Georgia Sports Blog helped me out (with art).
  • Dawgnoxious was on a roll this week. He captured the essence of what I wanted to write in a post about Tony Barnhardt's comparison of CWM and John Chavis.
  • Bernie's Locker Notes are about as good as they get.
  • I had a reader question about Washaun Ealey earlier this week. About four minutes after I wrote a nice response about my thoughts on his progression with blocking schemes and the probability of him redshirting, several outlets published news about him. His hometown paper snagged an interview.
  • I get the "Where is Georgia without AJ?" questions, but think the crux of the matter is more philosophical. I even think Corbindawg at The Grit Tree makes some salient points in his post "Where is Richt with AJ?," but isn't the important question really "Where would AJ be without Richt?"
  • I know Aaron Corp had a tough game and all, but I didn't realize how much in the dog house he was with Carroll. Luckily, for him, he held on to his backup roll...for now. Mustain remains the best punter you've never heard of.
  • Do concussions prevent you from walking on water?
  • LaGarrette Blount might not be 86'ed for the season after all.
  • Sam Chi at BCS Guru has his projected BCS standings up. Nothing earth shattering, right now.
  • Eureka! A Notre Dame blogger that has common sense, at least where the Ty Willingham/Charlie Wies conundrum applies. I probably could enjoy a few drinks with McSweeney.
I would do a write up on the game, but what am I going to add besides saying the Dawgs won't win going -2 with 10 penalties? I'll miss being with everyone in Athens, but if it matters, I'll have some gumbo cooking and a few slabs of ribs and other assorted pork on my new smoker (bootlegged up from Athens last weekend, in a van with three kids). I'll probably make corndogs, too, just for giggles.



Isn't this hunting over bait, just a little bit?

Go Dawgs!


1 comment:

  1. I'd imagine the majority of ASU fans are cool. It's the students that really the problem sometimes, but they don't travel.

    ReplyDelete