Thursday, August 27, 2009

From the Cornfield - Orange isn't Just a Bowl the ACC Can Lose Edition

Earlier this week, I discussed the interview I did with Mr. Reporter in Oklahoma City. He asked me if there was anything 'special' that made this a big game for Georgia fans. I discussed the aspect of opening the season on the road against a Big 12 opponent; the top 15 ranking of both teams; Georgia's desire to show the pundits the error of their doubt; and the importance of showing the SEC that Florida will indeed have competition in the East. That question got me thinking, beside the thrill of competition, what does the average Georgia fan have to get fired up about?

Orange.

It might be a different shade, but it is still orange (Image:orangepower.com)

Orange is what we have to get fired up about. There has been much written about which team is Georgia's biggest rival, but if you were to pick a color we root against, it would be orange. Florida or Tennessee or Auburn or Clemson=hate=orange. It is very simple. Hell, I don't even drink orange juice because it is orange. The only thing orange I can say I do like is the Varsity's FO, but even that has the good taste to dress in red.

So that, my friends, is what the average Georgia fan has to be fired up about playing Oklahoma State. They wear orange and that is enough for me.

Orangepower. Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. Just in time for my trip to Clempson this weekend. When we visit my folks there I like to roll through town in my pimped out Dawg mobile with flags flying.

    What are they gonna say? We held you to 30 points in 2003...??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ubiquitous GA AlumAugust 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM

    As for the FO, even they put a lid on it so you don't actually have to the orange color

    ReplyDelete